Monday, March 31, 2014

The raw milk debate

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/03/raw-politics-drive-milk-wars-105163.html

People should be free to make responsible choices. I have been drinking raw milk my whole life. I detest processed milk, it tastes awful to me. When I moved away from the farm, I pretty much stopped drinking milk because I couldn't tolerate the watery store bought stuff, it's just not what I'm used to. Given the chance I would have happily bought raw milk. I'm happy now to be back near my dad's farm and have easy access to "farm milk" again, but as a consumer,  I should be free to choose whom I buy milk from and how I buy it. I understand the risks of raw milk, I won't say everyone should drink it, but should be free to choose to do so. There is a fine line between safety and control.

No comments: